A Plate Designed Specifically for Coating and Varnish Printing
MacDermid’s Digital MAX C was designed for optimum ink transfer with a wide variety of specialty inks, varnishes, and coatings used in the flexographic market. Digital MAX C can also be combined with MacDermid’s LUX® process, along with advanced prepress screening techniques, to give a true step change in coating, ink, or varnish coverage.
When you need a plate with excellent ink transfer and print performance in commercial and packaging print applications; count on the company that innovates with you in mind. MacDermid.
• Optimized formulation for enhanced transfer capability with various specialty inks, varnishes and spot and full coatings
• Can be used in combination with the MacDermid LUX process for further optimization of coverage
• Thicker PET backing allows use in coating stations with good registration
• Digital format, enabling high resolution, sharp detail, and clean images
• Capable of solvent and thermal processing
Digital MAX C is available in a thickness of 0.045” (1.14mm) in sizes up to 50” x 80” (1270mm x 2032 mm). Please contact your MacDermid representative for details.
Digital MAX C can be processed with SOLVIT® M100 or SOLVIT® QD in common solvent processing systems. Most other safe-solvent solutions may also be used. Digital MAX C can also be processed in MacDermid’s LAVA thermal processing systems.
Processing times for any particular job and process are determined by equipment and other factors; consult your MacDermid representative for help in optimizing your plate processing.
Digital MAX C is a digital sheet photopolymer for use in various water-based and UV coating applications, as well as varnishes and specialty inks.
Digital MAX C plates have ink compatibility similar to natural rubber. Plates are compatible with water and alcohol based inks containing up to 25% acetate. Digital MAX C is not recommended for oil-based inks, hydrocarbon solvents, or inks with acetate ester content higher than 25%.